Friday, March 6, 2009

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

lush-rebrand.jpg

I found this image on www.ilovetypography.com.  I absolutely love the work!
The artist is unknown, but it was made as in informational piece for Extra Virgin
Olive oil.  Although this type piece is completely in German, it states the everyday 
uses, brands, and benefits of extra virgin olive oil.  What I love about this piece is 
its lush, organic feel to represent the organic product.  The way the text boxes wrap 
around the images is a very fresh way to represent the text. I think that the directional 
quality of each brings a lot of interest to the text piece. I really enjoy that the titles 
for each brand are in a different font, almost giving it a collaged feel.  The main 
photograph has a lot of luminosity and ties the white font color of the text bodies 
into the images. The additive color of green into the text breaks up the color of the 
white and gives the piece a more 'natural' color scheme.  Overall, I love this piece of 
text work.  The directional quality, difference in text, color scheme, and images 
makes this a complete package. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I love the use of typography on this ad. However, if it was in English could we read it? What about the use of type? Hierarchy? Font weight, they way the text is broken up into chunks?

    ReplyDelete